- 1 portion* boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into 1” cubes
- ⅛ tsp salt
- ⅛ tsp – ¼ tsp cayenne, depending on how spicy you like it
- 1 tsp avocado oil
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- ¼ cup fat free chicken broth
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 ½ cups asparagus, 1” inch off the bottom trimmed off, cut into 1” pieces
- 1 sprig fresh tarragon
Toss chicken cubes with salt and cayenne. Set aside.
Heat a non-stick skillet over medium heat for about a
minute. Add in avocado oil to evenly coat the pan and
place chicken in the pan in one layer.
Sear all of the sides of the chicken until golden, about
30 seconds per side. Add garlic to the pan and saute
until garlic is fragrant, about 30 seconds.
Pour in chicken stock and lemon juice carefully. Push
chicken to the side and top with a sprig of tarragon add
asparagus to the other side of the skillet. Cover and
simmer until chicken reaches 165°F and asparagus is
tender. About 5-7 minutes.
Uncover skillet, plate chicken and asparagus, and
garnish with tarragon.